Bachelor Degree- Telecommunication
50,000 francs CFA
Communication & Media Studies
Course Start- 25 Sep 2017
The objectives of the B.Tech in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme with
option in telecommunications are:
– To produce graduates who are well-educated in the fundamental concepts of telecommunications and are aware of emerging telecommunications technologies;
– To produce graduates who are capable of continuing their professional development throughout their career by combining theory with its application;
– To build human resource capacity in the telecommunications discipline in both the
public and private sectors;
– To produce graduates with good communication skills capable of functioning responsibly in diverse environments and able to work in teams;
– To produce graduates who are innovative and are capable of creating jobs.
The university fees amount to 50,000 francs CFA per year, payable in a single tranche or in two tranches of 25,000 francs CFA each.
A student at the Faculty for the current year is considered to be a student who completed at least one installment before November 15 and the second installment before April 30 of the year of enrollment .
Once the university fees have been paid, the receipts must be certified, at least in duplicate, to the Administrative and Financial Division (DAF). In addition, academic registration for the various semester courses in the chosen course must be made before 20 November for the first semester and before 10 May for the second semester. This academic registration is made to the Level Coordinators in the respective Departments after presentation of the receipts of the University Rights.
In addition to the general university requirements candidates must obtain a minimum of
grade D at the Advanced level in Physics and Mathematics. Candidates with a Baccaulaureat in Electrical Technology will also be admitted.
The admission requirements set out below are the minimum requirements which may entitle an applicant to a place in the University for First Degree Courses.
- The GCE O/L, with passes in five approved subjects including English Language prior to sitting the GCE A/L
- One of the following requirements in the GCE A/L:
- Two GCE/AL passes at the same sitting.
- The BAC in the series appropriate to the intended field for specialization.
- Candidates with other qualifications considered by Senate as the equivalent of these qualifications.
- Individual departments may impose additional and specific requirements.
- Students whose language of instruction was not English, will be required to pass a prescribed English Language test, unless they have successfully completed the Special Intensive English Language Course.
SKILLS TO BE ACQUIRED:
At the end of the programme, the following skills should be acquired:
– Ability to understand sophisticated techniques in telecommunication networks and the
process of interconnecting different networks and be aware of emerging trends in
– Ability to understand telecommunication technologies and the impact of
telecommunications on society.
The students will have opportunities in the following areas.
As a technical staff in industries related to telecommunications or computer networks.
Be capable of pursuing postgraduate studies in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Be capable of creating and managing an enterprise.
Share this course:
Request More Info now
To request further Info about this course you must be logged in to your accountRegister/ Login