Bachelor. Eng In Electrical and Electronic Engineering
50,000 francs CFA
Engineering & Technology
Course Start- 25 Sep 2017
OBJECTIVES OF DEGREE PROGRAMME: The objectives of the B.Tech in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme with option in telecommunications are: - To produce graduates who are well-educated in the fundamental concepts of telecommunications and are aware of emerging telecommunications technologies; - To produce graduates who are capable of continuing their professional development throughout their career by combining theory with its application; - To build human resource capacity in the telecommunications discipline in both the public and private sectors; - To produce graduates with good communication skills capable of functioning responsibly in diverse environments and able to work in teams; - To produce graduates who are innovative and are capable of creating jobs.
The mission of the Department is to provide training which covers the five technological pillars of Electrical Engineering – Electronics, Electricity, Power Systems, Telecommunications and Automatic Control Systems. Emphasis is placed on the predominance of these technologies both as industries in their own right and as drivers of other technologies.
STRUCTURE OF PROGRAMME FOR B.Tech IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING WITH OPTION IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS STRUCTURE OF PROGRAMME FOR B.Tech. IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING WITH OPTION IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS.
The university fees amount to 50,000 francs CFA per year, payable in a single tranche or in two tranches of 25,000 francs CFA each.
A student at the Faculty for the current year is considered to be a student who completed at least one installment before November 15 and the second installment before April 30 of the year of enrollment .
Once the university fees have been paid, the receipts must be certified, at least in duplicate, to the Administrative and Financial Division (DAF). In addition, academic registration for the various semester courses in the chosen course must be made before 20 November for the first semester and before 10 May for the second semester. This academic registration is made to the Level Coordinators in the respective Departments after presentation of the receipts of the University Rights.
The admission requirements set out below are the minimum requirements which may entitle an applicant to a place in the University for First Degree Courses.
- The GCE O/L, with passes in five approved subjects including English Language prior to sitting the GCE A/L
- One of the following requirements in the GCE A/L:
- Two GCE/AL passes at the same sitting.
- The BAC in the series appropriate to the intended field for specialization.
- Candidates with other qualifications considered by Senate as the equivalent of these qualifications.
- Individual departments may impose additional and specific requirements.
- Students whose language of instruction was not English, will be required to pass a prescribed English Language test, unless they have successfully completed the Special Intensive English Language Course.
One of the following qualifications:
• A minimum of 2 A’ Levels including Mathematics and Physics
• Advanced Level G.C.E. Technical in Electrical Technology
• Baccalaureat Series C
• Baccalaureat Series F2
• Baccalaureat Series F3
• Any other equivalent certificate
To graduate a student must earn a minimum of 240 credits in all courses. This
includes the 18 credits for University courses.
Electrical and Electronic Engineers are employed in a wide range of industries,
• Electrical Power
• Industrial Automation
• Process Engineering
Some of the Engineers will also be able to create their own industries.
Skills to be Acquired
Graduates will be able to:
• Design and implement Analog and Digital Electronic Systems
• Analyse the operation of Analog and Digital Electronic Systems
• Maintain Analog and Digital Electronic Systems
• Generate Electrical Power
• Transmit and Distribute Electrical Power
• Operate Electrical Power Installations
• Design Telecommunication Systems
• Analyse and operate both mobile and terrestrial telecommunication systems
• Automate industrial processes using both computers and Electronic circuits
Share this course:
Request More Info now
To request further Info about this course you must be logged in to your accountRegister/ Login